== Important Information ==
Dark Space has originally been developed for the Windows operating system. This HTML5 version is not a 100% accurate port of the Windows version, but all known differences are minuscule and should not have a significant impact on the gameplay. Please consider downloading the Windows version of Dark Space if you enjoy playing the HTML5 version!
== Controls ==
-- General Controls --
- F1, F2, F3, F4 keys: Adjust scale of the window resolution
- F5 key: Toggle full-screen mode (unavailable in browser)
-- Menu Controls --
- Arrow keys: Navigate menu options
- Z key: Select the current menu option
- X key: Return to the previous menu
-- Game Controls --
- Arrow keys: Move
- Z key: Fire or activate the current weapon
- X key: Equip a new orbital
- A key: Discard the oldest equipped orbital
- Enter key: Pause the game
- Escape key: Return to the title screen (while paused)
== About the Game ==
Warning! The Dark Space Scourges, a band of insidious, interdimensional indecents, are causing havoc and unrest across the Dark Space! It's up to our champion, Rhossixia, to apprehend all of those indelible invaders and restore peace and order... Oh, and I suppose you can help a little bit, too. You're Rhossixia's indefinitely indentured servant, after all.
Dark Space is a side-scrolling shoot 'em up inspired by retro shooter games of old. All of the game's visuals have been drawn using only four shades of gray, and there are plenty of retro sound effects to enhance the experience. Take control of the scorpion-like alien Schkitaska and battle your opponents as you make your way through a variety of dangerous stages set within and beyond the Dark Space. Follow through with Rhossixia's orders and take down each Dark Space Scourge, one-by-one!
Schkitaska has the power to generate orbitals after defeating enemies; these friendly followers will allow Schkitaska to temporarily mutate and gain new attacks, but they will disappear if Schkitaska sustains too much damage. Up to two orbitals can be equipped at one time, and their powers will combine to produce devastating abilities! Experiment with all of the possible combinations and find the best orbitals for every situation.
== Development Status ==
Dark Space was programmed using GameMaker Studio. The sound effects were created using Bfxr.net.
Current version: 1.2
This game is currently in development, so not all features of the game are currently implemented (The Achthynx and Jifuzylles levels, the bottom Extra menu bonus, and two of the shop items are completely unimplemented at the moment). If you have any feedback about the game, please share it in the comments! I would love to hear what you have to say and whether or not you would like to see development of this game continue.
- Venombloom Valley! Dark Space Updated to Version 1.2! 53 days ago
- HTML5 Update! Dark Space Updated to Version 1.1! 74 days ago
- Dark Space Updated to Version 1.0.2! 113 days ago
- Dark Space Updated to Version 1.0.1! 119 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.